One of the most talked about topics in healthcare and plastic surgery today is cost. Patient’s ask if their medical insurance will help offset or cover the cost of a procedure. Aesthetic or cosmetic surgery is often considered elective and therefore insurance coverage is limited or non-existent. However, when you see an American Board of Plastic Surgery board certified/eligible surgeon every procedure is approached from an aesthetic/cosmetic perspective. Below you will find a list of procedures that are commonly covered by some insurance carriers (if you meet certain criteria). These procedures are often considered reconstructive in nature, but in the hands of the right surgeon these procedures address the cosmetic concerns as well.
1. Botox Injections (for Migraines & Eyelid Spasms)
2. Eyelid Surgery
4. Breast Reductions (for Bra strap grooving, skin irritation
& back pain)
5. Surgery for Gynecomastia/Enlarged Breast in Men
6. Symmetry Procedure on the Opposite Breast After Breast
7. Body Contouring after Weight Loss (Arm lift, Thigh lift,
Removal of Excess Skin Abdomen)
Dr. Tony Weaver is a Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon. He is board certified general surgeon & board eligible in Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery.